Saturday, May 9, 2015

Time to get serious

After Couple of weeks easy going training after the half marathon in Hannover it is slowly time to get back in the serious training mood. I had first long run today. Well, creating my training plan for marathon, I realise long run is a relative term. I did today 15 km run, which was long for my half marathon, for marathon my long runs starts from 16 km... Time to do the mental adjustment.

Another adjustment I need to do is with my eating during the run. I am not used to eat or drink while training, which was also not necessary for the half and the shorter trainings. So today my objective was to have the first step with food during running and see how my body reacts. I found an energy gel from cup board, so that seemed like a good idea to start. I decided to have it around 8k with some water - and the last 7k I ran with a roller coaster in my stomach. So need to do some research how to handle that part.

I have also predrafted my training plan. I will follow my philosophy of less quantity more quality. Normally it is adviced to train around 800 km for marathon, my plan is about 650 km spread over 16 weeks. Additionally I plan to cross train 1-2 times a week, to keep it more fun and hopefully help to prevent injuries. This plan is actually direct copy of Furman Institute's marathon plan published in Runner's World magazine.

I will therefore start my official training in early June, meanwhile I aim to build the weekly kilometers to 30+ and lenghten the long runs up to 22k.








































































































No comments:

Post a Comment