Wednesday, February 3, 2016

7 reasons why I love interval training

I used to hate interval training but as I know they are good for my running and will improve my performance, I have introduced them as a regular part of my training program.

This is my list of the reasons why I love interval training. I discussed today with a colleague how mind is a beautiful thing, this is all about it.

1. It is great to see your average pace to go down to numbers you could only dream about. It doesn't matter it is only for 400/800/1000 meters.
2. When in hurry, you make the same effort in a shorter time.
3. It is easier to motivate yourself to run just 4 times 800 meters rather than 10k. You can always motivate yourself for just 800m more.
4. Interval training makes you faster, no doubt about that.
5. It is fun and great change to the routine. There are endless opportunities to build you interval workout and you find the one which suits you best.
6. It is mentally refreshing and gives your mind another focus.
7. You feel great afterwards and are proud of yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment